Saturday, February 15, 2014

Tools That I Use: Part One

Valentines day was yesterday and I hope that everyone had a lovely time with the people they care about. Valentines can be a beautiful day full of love and caring and happy feelings. But for some people, it can be the opposite. Loneliness, regret, self-loathing can all be felt more intensely on a day that celebrates love. It would be easy to give in to those feelings and to stuff them down with the nearest box of chocolates. There is no end of temptation down every aisle this month. I myself went a bit crazy yesterday and had one too many of the beautiful sugar cookies my mother-in-law made. And the chocolate cake she made. And the pancakes of love I was served for breakfast. You get the picture! 
Even the most motivated of us can slip and fall. That us why I am typing this post from the seat of my exercise bike while I still have air to do it. I want you all to know that mistakes don't have to keep us down. There is always a new day!!
Every once in a while, I want to show you all a product or maybe a service I use to help me achieve my goals. The first one is something a few of you may already be familiar with. It's called MyFitnessPal. You can use it on a regular computer but I use mine more often from my iPhone app. This is a program that us 100% free and quite simple to use. It allows you an easy way to keep track of your calories. They have a ginormous (yes, I said ginormous) list of products already entered into their system. It's as easy as scanning your package or entering in a description. Here are a few screen shots of myomere to give you an idea.


So here is my launch page. It gives me my calorie goal and the ability toscroll through   friends posts. Having friends here is vital. I tried to do it alone and it was miserable and boring. But when I can see the success of my friends, it makes the process more enjoyable. Please feel free to add me. Mine name there is cbellanger.

Here is an example of my diary page. You can add just about anything. You can make a new recipe if you can't find what you like. I added the Doro Wat that way (which was insanely spicy!!) that post is for another time, ha!

I strongly urge you to look into this tool. There are many, many ways you this tool to help you on your own progress. I am now officially out of typing breath so I will leave you to your day. Keep working, and never give up, you can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment