For the past two weeks or so, I have been heading down to my basement to workout at 7AM. This is quite an accomplishment for two reasons. One, I love my sleep. I can sleep for ten hours and feel like I could sleep more. I love having dreams and feeling snugly under my fleece blanket. The cares of the day slip away as I slumber and don't come to bug me again until morning. Sleep is my friend. Two, not only do I love my sleep, and feel that 7AM is a sacrifice, but I also have to take my teenage son to Seminary each weekday morning at 5:45. This means I am up at 5AM and I don't return home until 7AM. My normal routine used to be that I would go back to sleep as soon as I got home from taking him and get a few more hours sleep before our homeschool day began, but no longer. (I know some of you are thinking, spoiled brat! It's the beauty if homeschool.) I have found that staying up and exercising just works best for our scheduling. But don't think that I am not having the same conversation with myself each morning.
"I can exercise later, lets go back to bed!"
"No, no, let's just get it done, we can nap later."
Every day there is a different excuse my brain comes up with, but every morning I fight it and keep going.
So what about you? Early riser like me? Late owl? What kinds of things do you do to make sure you do your workout? Any tricks? Whatever your goal is, persistence is the key. Comment and let us know what your goals are, and how you fit exercise into your routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment